School Home Support Service
School-Home Support (SHS) is the leading independent provider of School-Home Support Services. They offer practical and emotional support for children and young people and their families across the country.
Our School-Home Support Practitioner Mrs Harris is available Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays 8.00am to 3.30pm.
Mrs Harris works for SHS and is in partnership with St. Columba’s to support children and their families to get the most from the educational opportunities on offer.
Her role includes:
- Acting as a link between home and school
- Listening to you
- Offering practical suggestions and advice
- Going to meeting with you
- Promoting regular attendance
- Arranging adult learning courses
- Facilitating a parent drop in
- Supporting you
Mrs Harris can help with information and advice on:
- Fitting in at school
- Housing and money worries
- Feeling happy and confident
- Benefits and support
- New starts, changes and settling in
- Supporting your child’s learning
- Getting to school on time
- School attendance
- Mental or physical health issues
- Family problems
- Behaviour at home and school
- School grades and results
- Courses, training and volunteering
- Bereavement and family breakdown
If you would like some advice or support please call Mrs Harris or pop in to school for a chat!
SHS is a national charity that builds bridges between home and school to enable children and young people to make the most of their education.
SHS Vision – Every child has the support they need to thrive and achieve.
Registered Charity Number: 1084696
Company Number: 3991440